[labnetwork] Helium leak rate on Oxford RIE

Paolini, Steven spaolini at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 22 18:14:59 EST 2018

Hi Vince,
  Sorry for such a late response but I hadn't noticed anyone mentioning the pressure of the cavity behind the wafer. Assuming that your system has that capability, the flow of He should be judged by the backside pressure. As an example, we have many etching systems here with mechanical wafer clamps and we baseline them when new to flow X amount of He for a specified pressure (closed loop system). As you may expect, the flow of He increases as the backside pressure is called to increase. We use this baseline flow as criteria to either change a seal if applicable, clean the wafer backside or clean the chuck if necessary. We have gotten very good with our tool set to have a seal change or chuck clean at PM intervals. Oh yeah, beware of the photo users that neglect edge bead removal after coating, it can cause the wafer to stick to the chuck and when it begins to transfer out, the lift will "pop" it off the chuck and most certainly position it in a bad spot.
  Steve "Equipment Dood" Paolini

Steve Paolini
Principal Equipment Engineer
Harvard University Center for Nanoscale Systems
11 Oxford St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
617- 496- 9816
spaolini at cns.fas.harvard.edu