[labnetwork] Cleaning the Surface of ZnO

Mac Hathaway hathaway at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 30 15:15:29 EST 2018

Hi Mohamed,

I don't know about the details of ZnO for pH sensing, but just an fyi,
ALD ZnO is particularly pure, and can be deposited at a range of
temperatures, which might allow your to modulate your sensing/stability
response.  The stoichiometry for ALD films can be expected to be very
precise, and stable over a range of deposition temperatures.  ALD is
available at Harvard CNS.

For resistivity of the deposited film, we have found that an anneal
helps to stabilize the film.  This might also help to stabilize your pH
response in your sputtered film.  From what I know about reactively
sputtered oxides, their stoichiometry is pretty sensitive to process
conditions, which would presumably lead to sample-to-sample variability
in your pH measurements.

Mac

Mac Hathaway

Senior Process and Systems Engineer