[labnetwork] Cryo-Torr 8 vs. 10

Iulian Codreanu codreanu at udel.edu
Fri Jun 8 15:21:17 EDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

I have had a number of Cryo-Torr 8s over the years and they have worked
very well after occasional rebuilds.  Now I have a Cryo-Torr 10 that has
been giving us a lot of trouble even though we had it looked at a number
of times. The companion 9600 compressor works well as we have put it on
other systems.

I am looking into getting a cryo/compressor as spares that would cover
all my cryopumping needs. It would make sense to get bigger pump but the
recent issues with the Cryo-Torr 10 give me pause.

In your experience, do the Cryo-Torr 10s tend to be more problematic
than the Cryo-Torr 8s?

With many thanks,

Iulian

--