[labnetwork] Looking for a MAG.DRIVE 1000 Turbo Pump Controller for a MAG 900 CT Turbo Pump

Brent Gila bgila at ufl.edu
Tue Jun 12 09:40:00 EDT 2018

Hello Julia,

We had our pump go out in 2014 and decided to replace it with a
different manufacturer's pump and controller.  Our STS DRIE is a legacy
tool with limited support, so we decided to start upgrades ourselves.

We went with a Edwards STPA1303CV pump and SCU800 controller with
associated cables and vent valve.  The total price was a lot less than
the STS OEM solution and we were able to get it in days rather than
months.  This pump is a 1300L/s rather than the older 900L/s, but we see
no difference in processes, the throttle valve takes care of that.  We
did have to create a custom interface for the controller to the STS
DRIE, but this was because we did not want to cut the cable and just use
a plug in replacement.  We used something like this part below for the
interface:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.amazon.com_Connector-2DD-2Dsub-2D25-2Dpin-2DTerminal-2DBreakout_dp_B073RG3GG6&d=DwID-g&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=EhqHy4a2rnA5a4ehzWAAfKveFS3lPv3RmQTaTocONM4&m=AcKQhgy_28FYjnScrbko2ttSkc0ww6nGU5XndfpV2io&s=KJXuNbhVKUC03eqSxTGJF-gUDcRirit1I3I4mg900vY&e=

The DRIE computer is sending a signal to start the pump and looking for
feedback that the pump is at 100% speed.  Our engineer got all this
installed and we have been running for the past 4 years without any pump
issues.  We may still have the old MAG DRIVE 1000 controller on a shelf,
I'll take a look later.  The good news is there is a path forward.

Best Regards,
Brent
--
Brent P. Gila, PhD.