[labnetwork] XeF2 suppliers

Michael Wandt michael.wandt at imtek.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Oct 22 04:25:19 EDT 2018

Good morning Ahad,

we had the same problem here in Germany to find a reliable source of
XeF2. While we received our first supply from BOC in Britain in 2015, we
were struggling to get a refill in 2017. At that time Linde had issued a
press release that they had signed an agreement to import XeF2 from the
manufacturer Pelchem and supply end users, but that seems to apply only
for the US. Linde Germany could not help us. We tried a couple of other
chemical companies dealing with XeF2 we found in the web, but nobody was
really able to deliver the purity we wanted in the container fitted to
the machine. In the end we were served well by the XeF2 manufacturer in
South Africa. As it looks like you can purchase there directly. The only
problem we had is getting the container there and back through customs
without paying duties on the container. At Pelchem we dealt with Nerona
Naidoo, email Nerona.Naidoo at pelchem.necsa.co.za. Pelchem details are
attached as jpg. Turnaround time was about 4 to 6 weeks while the custom
procedures took most of the time.

Good luck
Michael Wandt