[labnetwork] Plating services

Fred Newman fnewman at uw.edu
Wed Oct 31 16:38:22 EDT 2018

 Hello Aimee,

In our lab at the WNF we have a Au cyanide bath setup, mostly for 100 mm
wafers, although coupons are easily possible.  We do a fair amount of Cu
acid plating for RDL and TSV features for coupons, 100, 150, and 200 mm
wafers.  We have some experience with that system in the deposition of Ni
and SnAg as well.  We also have a single-shot beaker setup for chemistries
that can be operated at room temperature (e.g. Cu, SnAg, In, etc.).

Hope that helps - please let us know if you might need to know more!

Best regards
Fred

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 12:54 PM, Price, Aimee <price.798 at osu.edu> wrote:

> Lab Network colleagues,
>
> Do you perform electroplating (specifically Au) in your facilities?  If
> not, do you send out or direct your users to any external services that do
> so?  Recommendations welcome, you can send directly to me if we aren’t
> allowed to recommend specific companies to price.798 at osu.edu.
>

> We have stayed away from a general use plating capability due to the low
> volumes that we’d have.  Additionally, we are not set up to deal with the
> cyanide based solutions in a single use setup, so we’ve disallowed that
> here.  Other options have been allowed, but I’m looking for a solution
> (pardon the pun, unintended) for my users who need Au or other plating.  We
> have plated Ag with not much success in the past. While it did in fact
> plate, it wasn’t very uniform or high quality.
>

> Thanks much.
>

> Aimee Bross Price
>

> Sr. Research Associate
>
> The Ohio State University
>
> Nanotech West Lab
>
> Institute for Materials Research
>
> 1381 Kinnear Road
>
> Suite 100
>
> Columbus, OH 43212
>
> 614-292-2753

Fred Newman
Research Engineer
Washington Nanofabrication Facility (WNF)
University of Washington
Fluke Hall 115, Box 352143
office 206-616-3534
mobile 505-450-4447