[labnetwork] Parylene Coater Concerns

Albert William (Bill) Flounders bill_flounders at berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 13 19:53:37 EST 2019

 Matt,
Building a whole separate enclosure for just this tool seems overkill.
Our parylene tool is in a Class100 cleanroom.
We installed a hepa vac next to the tool and instruct staff and researchers
to use it as needed
Scraping the cold finger or other messy jobs are done in a hood or in the
chase area.
I think the tool deserves to be in the cleanroom and recommend
controls/protocols to address the debris issue.
Good luck keeping all parties satisfied.
Bill

Bill Flounders
UC Berkeley