[labnetwork] WG: Blistering of metal film stack on PMMA in Univex 400

Albrecht, Wolfgang W.Albrecht at fz-juelich.de
Sat Feb 2 12:42:38 EST 2019

Hi Savitha

We have a Univex 400 and know the problem. We found that the bomdardment mentioned before was the reason. The Univex 400 are usually supplied by Leybold with either terratec or ferrotec evaporators. We talked to Ferrotec and Terratec about the problem. Ferrotec offers now a magnetic trap for the sources. Since then blistering is gone. As far as I know, terratec is also working on a magnetic trap.

Hope this helps

Wolfgang

Wolfgang Albrecht
Director Helmholtz Nano Facility