[labnetwork] SU8 processing: throughput advice

Geil, Bob bob.geil at unc.edu
Fri Jan 18 16:34:55 EST 2019

Hey folks,

   I have done a lot of SU8 processing, but primarily on a small scale.  We have received a request for a few hundred(!) SU8 molds (one layer, ~100um thick, same pattern).  I'm looking for advice on increasing throughput by speeding up the various stages of the process.  My current constraints are: 1) the mask design from the client is fixed (for now, at least); 2) the substrates must be 2" x 3" glass slides.

A few ideas I already have in mind are:

- apply the SU8 using SU-EX from DJ Laminates

- buy an orbital shaker for the development step

- change the mask design to accommodate more devices on a single substrate, then dice.

- hire an undergrad

Let me know your thoughts.

Best,

  Bob

Bob Geil, PhD
Applied Physical Sciences • UNC-CH
223 Chapman Hall, CB3216
(919) 843-6555
https://chanl.unc.edu/
[cid:b14021c9-b8c5-45fc-8715-44b651b13e60]