[labnetwork] Argon in a BCl3 cylinder

Paolini, Steven spaolini at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 19 16:40:53 EDT 2019

Sean,
  I am not entirely sure, but it's not likely that the gases will completely disassociate from each other, even if the pressure drops. I'm assuming that because the vapor pressure of BCL3 is a constant because it is a liquid, you are determining that mostly Ar is being consumed because of the pressure drop. I would recommend a complete pump and purge of the entire gas circuit and replacing the cylinder of BCL3.
The simplest way to evaluate the gas concentrations is with an RGA but I don't think it's a good idea to expose the filament to a corrosive such as BCL3
    Steve "Equipment Dood" Paolini

Steve Paolini
Principal Equipment Engineer
Harvard University Center for Nanoscale Systems
11 Oxford St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
617- 496- 9816
spaolini at cns.fas.harvard.edu