[labnetwork] Has anyone using thicker than 200nm HSQ for EBL patterning?

Michael Rooks michael.rooks at yale.edu
Sat Mar 9 08:50:58 EST 2019

Multiple-spins seldom produce good results. It's easier to use a thicker
solution of HSQ. Of course you can buy thicker HSQ, such as Fox-16, but
if you are in a hurry you can thicken the 6% HSQ (well, any resist
really) by bubbling nitrogen through it. Just put a tube in the bottle
and blow in some dry nitrogen. The solvent will evaporate, and the
bubbles will keep the solution agitated, so a skin does not form on the
surface. No need to be precise about the solution. Just keep bubbling
until you get the thickness you want.

Michael Rooks
Yale Institute for Nanoscience and Quantum Engineering
nano.yale.edu