[labnetwork] VMS and/or Compaq/DEC experts

Price, Aimee price.798 at osu.edu
Mon Mar 11 10:03:21 EDT 2019

All,
Is anyone out there, or do you know anyone/have a source who is, a VMS and/or Compaq(HP or DEC) expert?  I'm looking for a consultant, either on the phone or preferably in person.

I have an Compaq/DEC Alpha XP900 running open VMS for my Raith (Leica/Vistec) EBPG5000 ebeam lithography tool.  One of the two hard disks failed and 3 tape drives have failed.   We have another tape drive on order ...

I have a replacement hard disk and backup tapes (though fewer now after the failed tape drives destroyed two) and a backup file on our network, which can be moved to the system drive.  However, I'm running up against my lack of VMS knowledge.

For completeness, there is also a CD-ROM drive and a floppy.  We are running Open VMS 7.2.

If anyone has a contact or would be interested on working on something like this, please let me know.  Alternatively, if anyone has a contact that can repair or recover hard disks of this type, I would be more than appreciative.

Thanks much,
Aimee Bross Price

Sr. Research Associate
The Ohio State University