[labnetwork] Commercial power interlocks compatible with NEMO

Hathaway, Malcolm R hathaway at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 28 16:24:14 EDT 2019

Hi Shane,

I don't know if the ones we use are NEMO-compatible right out of the box, but the CLEAN system at Harvard CNS uses ADAM-6060 6-channel relays from Advantech.  They are the only such ones I've run across, so perhaps everybody uses them, if they don't make their own.

Just needs a static IP address, and compatible control software (which I suspect is quite generic)...  Only drawback is they only have 6 channels, so you need many of them scattered around the labs to serve everything that is interlocked.

We have them in these little boxes, which can serve up 6 sets of "dry contacts" (to work in series with tool internal interlock circuits), or 12V outputs, which we use to trigger power relays for equipment control PC monitors.

Mac
Mac Hathaway
Senior Process and Systems Engineer
Harvard Center for Nanoscale Systems