[labnetwork] Information request: Core Facilities

Aju Jugessur Aju.Jugessur at Colorado.EDU
Thu May 9 13:23:53 EDT 2019

Hi Lab-network members,

I am part of a group of people at the University of Colorado, Boulder,(CUB) who are researching how we may work on a variety of ways to increase the sustainability of our core facilities at CUB, in particular, by finding new ways to be more effective and develop new revenue streams.

I am reaching out to obtain your perspectives on the following:

  1.  Have you seen any financial benefit or a significant uptake on the usage of your Core if it is on a shared website and perhaps, with an online database?
If not, do you see any importance of having your Core on a campus wide shared network and website?

  1.  Do you have structure or a mechanism where data that are generated by your Core/(s) are shared among themselves and monetized to generate any revenue, both internally and with external partners. If not, do you see any potential in centralizing data sharing among Cores that could be financially beneficial.

Any relevant information or advice on the above would be helpful.

Thank you,

Regards,
Aju

Aju Jugessur Ph.D. IEEE Sr. Member
Director, Colorado Nanofabrication and Characterization Center
Discovery Learning Center
University of Colorado Boulder | College of Engineering & Applied Science
1111 Engineering Drive – 1B09 DLC | Boulder, CO 80309-0422 | P: 303.735.5019| F: 303.492.2199
E-mail: aju.jugessur at colorado.edu<mailto:aju.jugessur at colorado.edu>
[cid:618C7437-E08A-4DB3-8E95-2E891AD4E4FD]

Signature-Strengths: Focus, Activator, Futuristic, Strategic, Achiever
(CliftonStrengths)