[labnetwork] RIE Process Gases

Chito Kendrick cekendri at mtu.edu
Wed Oct 9 09:21:24 EDT 2019

Our F-based gases have not seen the use the original manger thought would
happen and the tanks that were obtained at the start were size 300, far too
big for the actual user base (up to 10 years old). We have not noticed a
change in the processing, for me it has been an issue that we have spent
more money on bottle rental than the gas is worth.

Chito Kendrick

On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 9:05 AM Cenk Yanik (Alumni) <
cenkyanik at sabanciuniv.edu> wrote:

> Dear All,
> We are wondering how often do you change the RIE process gases even the
> gases are not run out. We have been told that they should be changed in max
> 3 years even if they are almost full but we have been using some of them
> (SF6, C4F8, CHF3)  for 5 years and we didn't realize any process-related
> critical problems during the dry etching process.
> Have you ever faced with any problems for Fluorine and Chlorine based
> gases in your institutes?
> We would appreciate if you could share your experiences and regulations
> considering the shell life of the process gases at your facilities
> Best Regards,
>
> --
>
> Cenk YANIK, PhD
> Nanofabrication Team Leader
>
> Sabanci University
> Nanotechnology Research and Application Center ( SUNUM )
> Orta Mahalle, Üniversite Caddesi No: 27 34956 Tuzla - İstanbul
> Office:+90 216 483 9994
> web: sunum.sabanciuniv.edu

Chito Kendrick Ph.D. <https://sites.google.com/site/chitokendrickphd/>

Managing Director of the Microfabrication Facility
Research Assistant Professor
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Michigan Technological University
Room 436 M&M Building