[labnetwork] PlasmaTherm SLR 770 ICP etcher help?

Steve Pritchett spritchett at eng.utah.edu
Wed Oct 16 11:54:32 EDT 2019

Hi Folks,
We are having trouble with initial power-up of an older model PlasmaTherm
etch system, SLR­770 ICP.
We have the OEM disconnect with EMO circuit transformer and relay to
energize the main power contactor. We have the contractor schematic and our
electrician was following that wiring, but electrical enclosure connection
terminals could be in question. EMO and enclosure switch are closed but EMO
circuit is open.
Is there anyone familiar with this system and circuit and willing to discuss
the problem by phone or off-line email?

I¹m also looking for schematics on this system that might include the EMO
circuit. PlasmaTherm responded that they have ³lost² those for this vintage
of system. They did have drawing 300080219 for a modified version but it did
not use the EMO circuit through the disconnect and isn¹t any help.
I think documents for S/N range of ~ 4500 to 6900 would likely be closest
match to our system.
Thanks,
Steve Pritchett
Sr Process Eng.