[labnetwork] Suss MA6 EISS computer

Hathaway, Malcolm R hathaway at cns.fas.harvard.edu
Fri Oct 25 17:25:42 EDT 2019

Hi Mike,

Is the control computer a Dell?  If so, it's a fairly common failure among certain vintages of Dell PCs for bad capacitors to show up, and "recapping" kits exist and are reasonably easy to install.

However, if replacement seems easier or is preferred, then give that a go.

You can contact me off-list for more info regarding the re-capping business.

Mac