[labnetwork] Adding TEOS to LPCVD furnace

Carsen Kline carsen at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 28 15:57:55 EDT 2020

Hi Nava: I'll echo Rick's maintenance experience for ours at Stanford. We did a conversion a number of years back and on top of what Rick mentions, our MFC has had trouble stabilizing and suffers clogs every so often. The whole line plus MFC need to be heated. We have a plasma trap at the tube outlet to try and react out some of the TEOS before it gets to the pump. It's effective, but that in itself needs to be cleaned out periodically, and it's messy.

We haven't gotten smart enough to buy our own TEOS ampoules, so we're paying a hefty rental fee for the one in service plus one spare. If you buy your own, you'll need to arrange fills with your friendly supplier and make sure that the heater was made for it.

Happy Friday,
Carsen

Carsen Kline
Lab Operations Manager