[labnetwork] using carbon-tapes for XPS samples

Pilar Herrera-Fierro pilarhf at umich.edu
Wed Dec 16 08:37:44 EST 2020

We used In (indium) foil, which is reusable and doesn't degas, best of all
you can remove the samples if you need to do another test. It's not easy to
remove samples from carbon tape.
Pilar

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 8:25 PM Saba Sadeghi <saba.sadeghi at uwaterloo.ca>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> We have an ultra-high vacuum XPS system. We need to load smaller samples
> that wouldn't fit into the substrate holder of the system.
> Would you recommend double-coated carbon tapes for loading samples? Is
> there a chance of contaminating the system with the carbon tape usage?
>
> In case the samples need to be heated, do you have any recommendation? I
> do appreciate your input on the matter.
>
> Best regards,
> Saba Sadeghi, PhD
> Quantum Devices Fabrication Scientist
> Institute for Quantum Computing, University of Waterloo
> Phone: 519-888-4567 ext. 31111
> Email: saba.sadeghi at uwaterloo.ca

Pilar Herrera-Fierro, Ph.D.
LNF User Services Director