[labnetwork] EV620 not initializing

Chito Kendrick cekendri at mtu.edu
Thu Jan 30 11:24:50 EST 2020

We have a EV620 Aligner at MTU and this tuesday it did not complete the
initialization process after logging in, all reboots and attempts have
failed. We have software version 2.64 and we are still running a Win98
system. I am talking to EVG about this problem to get a solution, but being
an older system and software version they are still working on it.
Therefore I was hoping this community might have faced this issue and have
some advice.

After typing in the password and hitting run the system starts
initialization. It moves the optical head, mask stage, WEC, and then gives
a double beep - all of this is normal. Instead of bringing up the recipes
it has ERROR and look at the log. The log has as the last entry - "Check
distance measurement !". All menus are greyed out so I can not access any
other part of the software.

Regards,

Chito Kendrick

--
Chito Kendrick Ph.D. <https://sites.google.com/site/chitokendrickphd/>

Managing Director of the Microfabrication Facility
Research Assistant Professor
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Michigan Technological University
Room 436 M&M Building