[labnetwork] Midas Cl2 detections

Shimon Eliav shimonel at savion.huji.ac.il
Fri Jun 19 04:14:34 EDT 2020

Hi Dan,

We experienced a similar situation: two or three times our Cl2 detector (Dragger) installed at the gas cabinet in our Gas Pad showed around 1TLV for a minute. The last time it happened we solved the mystery: a constructor parked his big diesel van very close to the door of our Gas Pad. By the end of the day he entered his car, started it and went away. The smoke from the car escape was sucked into the Gas Pad (under exhaustion) and triggered the detector.
These detectors can be triggered by a quite large list of gases. Some of them Sulfur compounds, present in Diesel combustion.

I can't say this is your case, but that was what happened to us.

Regards,

Shimon
The Unit for Nano Fabrication
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem