[labnetwork] TEM Training and certification

Geil, Bob bob.geil at unc.edu
Mon Mar 2 12:03:51 EST 2020

At UNC-Chapel Hill, we recently installed a ThermoFisher Talos F200X. New users meet one-on-one with electron microscopy staff at least a couple of times before they can operate independently.

I'm interested in how other facilities handle training/certification on higher end systems such as TEMs at university core facilities.

Our approach is not very standardized and a baseline for competence has not really been determined. There is a lot of room for improvement here....

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Bob