[labnetwork] Angstrom Engineering

Shimon Eliav shimonel at savion.huji.ac.il
Fri Mar 20 11:00:29 EDT 2020

Hi Adam,

We have just installed a new evaporation system from Angstrom. It is a "Quantum Series" machine.
We did a quite long selection process and Angstrom was chosen with clear advantages over the five other consulted companies:

*        The technical level of the Angstrom staff:  every question, every issue, was immediately explained and elaborated in such a way that we understood they are serious people and knew what they are doing.

*        The quality of the offered items: their proposal had the best combination of parts and the best solution to our application.

*        Price: there was a long negotiation around our tight budget and they manage to accommodate to it.

*        After the PO: they didn't change. They continued in the same way they were in the beginning of the process. It doesn't happen always: I saw a lot of companies that after the PO they change their way and then you understand with who you are making business.

*        Acceptance Test & Delivery: everything smoothly done according to the schedule.

*        Service: Angstrom has a very good representative here in Israel and the remote service also works fine. The small problems we had up to now were solved quite fast.

Regarding lift-off process using PMMA, we perform it regularly. At high deposition rates, like 10A/sec, we experienced some blistering, but once it was reduced to 5A/sec, the problem was solved.

The system automation works just fine: once a recipe is loaded, it runs without any user intervention.

I hope it can help. Feel free for any other question.

Good luck,

Shimon Eliav
The Unit for Nano Fabrication
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem