[labnetwork] Toxic Gases tubing

Kamal Yadav kamal.yadav at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 15:02:06 EDT 2020

Dear All,

Another query in continuation for gas tubing-

3. How does heat trace constraint impact choosing of single of double
contained tubing for Cl2/BCl3. Is the heat tracing as effective on double
contained tubing as single. Is the need for heat trace tube length
dependent.
4. All process gases with 5N or higher purity are with electropolished
tubings?

Thanks,
Kamal

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 9:43 AM Kamal Yadav <kamal.yadav at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> We will be installing SS gas tubing for Cl2, BCl3, HBr, SiH4.
>
> I have some experience in how industry does it, but wanted to know how
> different universities do this. From some prior posts, I got to know
> University of Michigan has co-axial tubing for all these gases and every
> connector location for these gases is exhausted as well at their facility
>
> My queries are:
> 1. Is this how most of the Universities do it or there are places where
> these gases are in single tubing [non co-axial or double contained].
> 2. Also if you do orbital welding or just bending of the tubes?
>
> I have been informed it is based on the fire code of the city or county,
> but it's not apparent from those documents.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Kamal