[labnetwork] Liquid nitrogen and argon shortage

Owain Clark odc1n08 at soton.ac.uk
Sat Dec 4 10:33:20 EST 2021

First I've heard of it potentially but with the last 2 years in general I am not at all surprised.

Probably the best things to do are install N2 saving kits on all dry pumps that use a purge. These only turn on N2 when in process and then shut off after process finish + a timed setpoint. At 25-35slm 2 per typical dry pump for PECD/LPCVD savings it add up quickly.

Then I would tune furnace n2 standby purges down, or mothball some furnaces as they are also a big consumer.

O.