[labnetwork] Methods/tools for removing wafers/pieces from hot platen (hot plate or CVD system)

Ted Wangensteen twangens at mail.usf.edu
Mon Dec 6 18:18:53 EST 2021

U can simply use a STD small metal wafer holder that have flat area below
and u squeeze down to hold pieces or wafers. The trick is getting the pcs
off the hot plate. Again, simply using anything metal to push against one
side of the wafer or small piece to get it on edge , while u slip the wafer
holder underneath sample on the opposite side. Works for us at Aggiefab. We
do this every day on PECVD where Temp 350C.

Ted Wangensteen, Research Engineer, Texas A and M