[labnetwork] Cleanroom elevated floor

James Mitchell jtmitch5 at ncsu.edu
Mon Dec 13 07:59:37 EST 2021

Raised perforated flooring can be expensive. I have seen fabs that had
anywhere from 30 inches to 30 feet.
You will need to go under the flooring periodically to clean the lower
floor. Also it will need to be sturdy enough for equipment.
Some fabs put the heavier equipment on pedestals. You will also need lifts
and ramps to install equipment to the higher flooring.

Jim

On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 7:46 AM Shimon Eliav <shimonel at savion.huji.ac.il>
wrote:

> Hello Everybody,
>

> We are designing a new cleanroom and I think to use an elevated floor to
> accommodate part of the utilities and serve as air return path to the
> chase. The air-conditioning designers didn’t like the idea: they argue it
> is expensive and difficult to clean.
>
> What is your experience with this? How clean that space below the elevated
> floor?
>

> Thanks in advance for your input.
>

> Regards,
>

> Shimon
>
> The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
>
> The Unit for Nano Fabrication - UNF
>
> Jerusalem - ISRAEL

*James Mitchell*
*Specialty Trades Technician*
*Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering*
*NCSU Nanofabrication Facility*
*MRC RM243A **Box 7911*
*2410 Campus Shore Dr., Raleigh, NC 27606*
*jtmitch5 at ncsu.edu* <jtmitch5 at ncsu.edu>
*Desk: 919-515-5394*
*Cell: 919-717-7325*