[labnetwork] cleaning procedure for chillers

Rob Breisch rob.breisch at trilliumus.com
Sat Feb 27 12:23:48 EST 2021

Saba –

Generally, when we repair chillers, we first drain the fluid from the system and examine the cleanliness.  Depending upon what fluid you are using, it might be a good first step to refill it with clean fluid, run it for a bit, drain it and reinspect to see if cleanliness is improving.  If it’s expensive fluid, that may not be practical.  Next, we would inspect the reservoir for scale and other deposits and clean it.  You may need to flush it again after this depending how much debris is generated.  Once you are satisfied with the cleanliness, clean the coolant strainer (if equipped) and replace the coolant filter (if equipped).  I don’t know which model you are running, but I know units like the R033 have a coolant filter that needs periodic replacement.

If debris has built up in the hoses between the chiller and the MBE, you might consider replacing them if they are inexpensive.   Generally, their length prevents effective cleaning.

You might also consider adding an additional filter on the supply outlet if your unit is not equipped.

Here is a link to the Haskris Maintenance Instructions if you’ve not found this yet.

https://haskris.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Haskris_OpsMaintenance_102920.pdf

Just keep in mind, anything you put into the chiller has the possibility of contacting the seal on the recirculation pump.  I’m not sure what material from which yours is constructed, but certainly avoid anything abrasive that might damage it, else you will wind up with a bigger problem.

Rob Breisch
Vice President, Sales and Marketing
[email logo 3]
     Trillium US, Inc.
     My Mobile: 801-726-5035
     Trillium Toll Free: 800-453-1340
     Email:  rob.breisch at trilliumus.com
     WebSite: www.trilliumus.com
     Follow Trillium on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/3263466?trk=tyah&trkInfo=tas%3Atrillium%20us%2Cidx%3A1-2-2>

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Reading, copying or disseminating this transmission by anyone other than the named addressee(s) is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail or phone at (503) 682-3837.