[labnetwork] SUSS mask aligner consumable replacement

Lewis,William blewis at eng.ufl.edu
Tue Jan 5 09:03:35 EST 2021

Hi Nava,

I have replaced it.  It's very simple.  Remove the lamp.  There are 3 or 4 hex screws with a rectangle shaped washer that holds the mirror in place.  With the housing laying on it's side, remove the screws and washers.  Remove the mirror without touching the reflective aluminum surface (grab at the lamp feed through hole at the top) and remove it.

I would not purchase the mirror from Suss.  I have done so in the past and the aluminum flaked off within a year.  I purchased one from Class One Equipment and it has lasted several years.  It was also 1/4th of the cost from Suss.  Not sure who manufactured the mirror but probably Edmund Optics or similar vendor.

Bill Lewis
Research Service Center
University of Florida
1041 Center Dr