[labnetwork] Cleanroom circulation air

Wing Leong CHUNG mfcchung at ust.hk
Sun Jul 4 22:41:33 EDT 2021

Dear all,

NFF of HKUST operates over 25 years and HKUST is planning to build a new cleanroom (including class 10, 100 and 1000) which size is around 1800m2. We use a subfab approach and cleanroom build on a waffle slab structure (design with VC-C standard, with active vibration control platform for high vibration sensitive equipment).

I know there are two arrangements for cleanroom air return

  1.  Through the space between raised floor and waffle slab; and back to AHUs/FFU
  2.  Through subfab and back to AHUs/FFUs (cheese structure of waffle slab)

[cid:08d69118-7ec0-4e4f-a68e-e5d6268e9684]

May I have your recommendation/suggestion of which types of configurations is more suitable for a research lab? And what are the pro and cons? Any network member can show/share your current structure?

Your great help is highly appreciated.
Jeff