[labnetwork] reducing noise in the chase area

Manish Keswani manish.keswani01 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 23:56:12 EDT 2021

Thank you Thomas, Rick, Julia, MIke, and Rob for your responses and
comments. I had trouble accessing my email for the past few days so could
not respond sooner.

Most of our pumps already have mufflers and they come with a primary sound
enclosure. We have put a secondary sound enclosure on a couple of them,
which has helped a lot. Our maintenance team does not think that heat build
up would be an issue but we will keep an eye on it. We are also looking
into sound absorbing panels and will reach out to acoustiblok (link that
Rick provided). Rob had an interesting comment about water cooled motors
and I think we would explore that if adding sound panels does not help. I
will pass on your feedback to our maintenance team.

We dd not see any benefit with noise cancelling headphones so Mike if you
have a specific model that has worked well for you, please let me know.

Again, thank you for your awesome suggestions. They were super helpful.

Regards,
Manish