[labnetwork] Alcatel Turbo pump repair

Rob Breisch rob.breisch at trilliumus.com
Mon Jun 28 20:01:36 EDT 2021

Pfeiffer is reasonably priced (IMO) for an OEM - they bought Alcatel several years ago.  I wouldn’t send them a turbo used on a dirty process - they tend to err on the side of replacing dirty parts as opposed to cleaning them.  I’m also not sure what model you have, so they may have discontinued support. Just check their lead times and ask for what the real lead times are.

Be careful sending to a 3rd party.  Ask if they can get the parts (rotors, stators, etc.).  I have some just take them in to deem them unrepairable so they can sell you a new one.  If your turbo is a maglev make sure they own the proper balancer.

Good luck!

Rob Breisch
801-726-5035