[labnetwork] Looking for MKS/ENI RF Generator

Kevin Owen kjvowen at lnf.umich.edu
Tue Mar 9 16:25:03 EST 2021

Michael,

I just had a B-3013 repaired in January in roughly a week (paid the
exorbitant expedite fee), directly through MKS (Rochester, NY; not sure if
they have a Canadian repair shop). They do say turnaround depends on part
availability, though, and I think I was fortunate that the failed part
wasn't hard to get. Unfortunately, we only have one 3000W unit, on a tool,
so I can't offer it even as a trade :-/. You could also check if MKS has
any refurbished ones available. ENICustomerServiceSupport at mksinst.com (or
if they don't reply, you can also try PS.TechSupport at mksinst.com).

The other RF repair vendor I've worked with before is RF Global Solutions,
but they're even farther away, across the pond. They do have a few
refurbished 3013's listed on their website right now, too:
https://www.rfglobalsolutions.co.uk/product-list/.

-Kevin

On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 3:54 PM Michael Hume <michael.hume at ualberta.ca>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We've had a fault with one of our RF generators and have currently been
> quoted a 10 week estimate from the repair shop. We'd like to cut this time
> down.
>
> I'm wondering if
>
> a) anyone has a spare generator they are willing to part with (with a
> possible trade deal once ours is repaired?)
> b) anyone can recommend a good vendor of refurbished generators
> c) anyone can recommend a good RF generator service shop (in Canada?)
>
> Generator details are:
> MKS/ENI Model No: B-3013
> Part No: Spectrum 3013-01
> Serial No: C195 ENI Rev: 1
> Date: 02/14/07
> Output: 3000W
>
> Many thanks for any and all assistance,
> Cheers,
>
> --
>
> Michael Hume
>
> Operations Manager
>
> University of Alberta - nanoFAB
>
> W1-060 ECERF Building
>
> 9107 - 116 Street
>
> Edmonton, Alberta
>

> Ph: 780-953-5081
> www.nanofab.ualberta.ca

Kevin Owen
Lead Research Engineer
Operations Group, Lurie Nanofabrication Facility
University of Michigan
(734) 545-4014