[labnetwork] Gas Purity Grade for RIE

Dr. Loïk Gence loik.gence at fis.puc.cl
Fri May 14 12:23:11 EDT 2021

Hi Srinivasa & All,

The RIE will include a loadloack and is design to work also with
corrosive gases.

The venting N2 should be at least 4.0.  As suggested, I'll check with
the provider all the possibilities to get higher than 4.0. but for sure,
the semiconductor grade gases will be imported.

thanks a lot for your valuable feedback!

Best,

Loïk

Le 14/05/2021 à 11:46, Srinivasa Reddy a écrit :
> Dear Loik,
>
> Depending upon the application you can choose the purity.
> Mostly we are using 5N (99.999%), or 4N5 (99.995) purity gases.
> Linde and Mathison can supply the cylinders  (bottles)
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Srinivasa Reddy Kuppireddi
> Project Manager
> Center for NEMS & Nano Photonics (CNNP)
> ESB 225, Dept. of Electrical Engineering
> Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Madras
> Chennai-600036, Indian
> +91 44 2257 5493 (O)
> +91 789 326 8010(M)
>

> On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 5:10 AM Dr. Loïk Gence <loik.gence at fis.puc.cl
> <mailto:loik.gence at fis.puc.cl>> wrote:
>
>     Hi All,
>
>     I hope you are all fine and safe.
>
>     We are planning the installation of our first RIE with chlorine and
>     Fluorine chemistries.
>
>     I was wondering, what are purity grade of the gases you are using.
>     Always electronic grade, 5.0 grade or above ?  To avoid potential
>     contamination of the gas lines, chamber, etc...  of course,
>     choosing the
>     best purity available is a solution. However, thinking about the
>     cost/utility for standard etching processes, and with potential
>     problem
>     of local availability of high grade, what grade range would you
>     consider
>     safe for the equipment and standard processes?
>
>     Thanks in advance for your comment.
>

>     Best,
>
>     Loïk

Dr. Loïk Gence
Assistant Professor
Instituto de Física
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
Avda. Vicuña Mackenna 4860,
CP 7820436 Santiago
Lab: +56 95504 9648