[labnetwork] Cleanroom Pressure Setpoint

Robert Vandusen RobertVandusen at cunet.carleton.ca
Mon Apr 11 08:50:29 EDT 2022

Hi Adam.
Our main cleanroom was build in the early 90’s.  We run our class 100 rooms at ~35Pa, our class 1000 at ~30Pa, and our class 10,000 areas at ~ 22Pa.
We have never had a noticeable issues with particles.  Whenever we have checked the levels are always well below spec.
In instances when our pressures have increased because of control issues we have had to watch to make sure our drop in ceiling tiles (between the HEPA’s) do not start to pop up and unseat.

Our newer class 10,000 cleanroom runs at 12Pa.

Rob
Robert Vandusen
Technical Officer, Microfabrication Lab
Electronics Department