[labnetwork] Refill ALD Cylinders

Eric Deguns edeguns at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 16:12:07 EDT 2022

Hi Tony,

Most of the standard ALD precursors vendors will "clean and refill" cylinders for you - but they will charge you a cleaning fee.  By this, I mean - Strem, Air Liquide, Gelest, etc. Sometimes this cleaning fee can be quite expensive which makes it more cost effective to purchase new ones.

If you have personnel in the Chemistry department who can refill these cylinders in an appropriate glovebox, refilling on top of the same material is also possible.  For example, filling TMA into a empty cylinder which previously held TMA. Proper training and equipment is key here.

For some applications, you many not want to do a refill depending on the precursor "stickiness" or it's purity requirements.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Eric

P.S. My work contact is Edeguns at veeco.com