[labnetwork] Stainless Steel Tubing

Matthew Moneck mmoneck at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Aug 16 15:06:40 EDT 2022

Hi All,

We are having a very difficult time sourcing ¼” stainless steel tubing for
high purity process applications.  We are looking for electropolished 316L
stainless with an RA of 10 microinch or better.  Many vendors do not have
stock.  Apparently a lot of vendors have been sourcing this material from
South Korea, but they have reached their import limit for 2022.  As a
result, some vendors are stating tubing will not be available until 2023.
Others are saying December or some time in Q4.

Does anyone know of a potential vendor who may have stock?

Best Regards,

Matt

--

*Matthew T. Moneck, Ph.D*

Executive Director, Claire & John Bertucci Nanotechnology Laboratory

Electrical & Computer Engineering | Carnegie Mellon University

5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890

Phone:  412-268-5430

ece.cmu.edu <http://www.ece.cmu.edu/>

nanofab.ece.cmu.edu <http://www.nanofab.ece.cmu.edu/>