[labnetwork] Schedule Tool/Booking Tool

Bernhard Johannes Reineke reinekeb at msopb.de
Thu Dec 22 05:49:58 EST 2022

Hi all,

For our cleanroom we need a new tool for the users to book the machines. Does anyone have a good solution for this problem?
- The user should be able to book a specific machine for a specific period of time.
- Also, it would be good if we could link the tool to the university ID service so that everyone can log into the software with their university login.
- The administrator should be able to define how often and how long a user can book a machine, e.g. user Alice can book a machine for 4 hours a day, but not more than 12 hours per week in total.
- It would be great if you could limit the time slots for the machines. For example, the dry etcher can only be used from 8:00-10:00, 10:00-12:00, 12:00-14:00, and so on.
- We would like to create analytics about how often machines are booked, how often a certain group of people uses a machine and so on.
- Self-hosted in our university's data center is a must.

Right now we are using "Booked", but I wanted to know if you know any other software solutions.

Thanks in advance and I wish you all happy holidays!!!

Best wishes,

Bernhard Reineke Matsudo
Phoqs Infrastruture
University of Paderborn