[labnetwork] UGIM 2022 is On. Call for papers.

Daniel Christensen dcchrist at wisc.edu
Tue Feb 1 11:46:33 EST 2022

UGIM 2022 is on!  The results from our survey indicate that we will go ahead and make a run at having the in-person meeting.  We had 148 responses: 84 some level of yes/hopeful, 24 Unsure, and 40 some level of no/unlikely.  Thank you all for answering and helping us figure out what to try for at 4 months out from the scheduled date.  I will soon be touching bases with those of you that have volunteered for the program committee to check on your participation.

We are once again issuing the call for papers.  Jerry is emailing directly a list of previous attendees so this may be redundant for some.

The UGIM 2022 (rescheduled UGIM 2020) Symposium (https://ugim2020.wisc.edu/) will be held June 6-9, 2022, at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

The symposium brings together educators and researchers involved in micro/nanotechnology and characterization lab management from around the world and provides a forum for exchanging information and presenting new lab operations and educational concepts. Representatives of micro/nano fabrication and characterization facilities, ranging from new labs to nationally and internationally recognized facilities, have found this symposium an excellent forum for exchanging information and networking. Typical topics include industry/university interactions, new equipment trends, best practices, collaborative research, and training efforts.

Please submit abstracts for papers at https://ugim2020.wisc.edu/abstract-submission-2/.

The deadline for abstract submission is 4/8/2022.

Topics of interest include:
Safety
Staffing
Financial administration
Operations
Growing your facility
Education and training
New facility startup
Managing mixed use facilities
Interacting with your administration

Jerry L. Hunter and Dan Christensen
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Wisconsin Centers for Nanoscale Technology
Co-Chairs UGIM 2022

Daniel C. Christensen
Laboratory Manager
Nanoscale Fabrication Center