[labnetwork] Decontamination services

Dennis Schweiger schweig at umich.edu
Thu Feb 10 09:45:46 EST 2022

Here at the University of Michigan, our EHS department would pick up the
task of either decontaminating them so that they could be disposed of with
normal waste, or finding a disposal company that would take the
contaminated waste.  They handle our weekly chemical waste disposal, and
have disposed of contaminated equipment for us, up to and including an
Arsenic/Phosphorous GSMBE tool that caught on fire when we tried to clean
it internally.  That was quite an event....

I would start by asking your local University waste department (whatever
they may be called) and see what they say.  If there's pushback from them,
I can pass along our local waste vendor to see if they could assist.

Dennis Schweiger
University of Michigan/LNF

734.647.2055 Ofc