[labnetwork] Faculty Director of Nano Center Opening at UofL

Walsh,Kevin M. kevin.walsh at louisville.edu
Tue Jan 18 16:21:30 EST 2022

The University of Louisville (UofL) invites applications for an Associate or Full Professor of Engineering who will also serve as the Faculty Director of our interdisciplinary NSF NNCI Micro Nano Technology Center (MNTC). The UofL MNTC is part of the prestigious 16-site National Science Foundation NNCI national nanotechnology network (National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure - www.nnci.net<http://www.nnci.net> ). The UofL MNTC consists of a state-of-the-art $30M 10,000 sq ft cleanroom for the fabrication of micro/nano-scaled devices and materials, as well as a very competitive complementary Imaging and Characterization core facility. Additional information about the UofL MNTC and our NSF NNCI site can be found at www.louisville.edu/micronano<http://www.louisville.edu/micronano> and www.kymultiscale.net<http://www.kymultiscale.net> respectively. As Faculty Director of our MNTC, the successful candidate is expected to lead our nationally recognized MNTC core facility, perform cutting-edge research, create a high-profile research center that leverages the expertise of the faculty and facilities, and contribute to the mission of his/her assigned academic department. Although it is anticipated that Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) will be the primary home department for the successful applicant, this position encourages crossing traditional academic boundaries to engage interested faculty from other engineering departments at the Speed School of Engineering, as well as related units in Arts & Science and the Medical School. The ECE Department provides instruction at the bachelor's, master's, and Ph.D. levels, with areas of specialty including robotics, nanotechnology, MEMS, electronics, electro-optics, computer vision and image processing, medical imaging, communication systems, intelligent control, and computational intelligence. To learn more about this interesting opportunity and how to apply, please visit: www.kymultiscale.net/job-opportunity<http://www.kymultiscale.net/job-opportunity> or https://www.higheredjobs.com/institution/details.cfm?JobCode=177384877&Title=Professor%20%28Open%20Rank%29%20%28Job%20Id%3A%2040336%29&aID=7137 .