[labnetwork] Nitrogen Generation

Maduzia, Joseph Walter jmaduzi2 at illinois.edu
Tue Jul 26 15:07:14 EDT 2022

Hello,

Like Deon said, we use an N2Gen at MNMS.

At MNMS Cleanroom in MechSE at UIUC, we used www.onsitegas.com<http://www.onsitegas.com> to purchase a 99.9995% n2 Gen a few years ago. They were cheaper for a better purity and flow rate than Parker. 99.9995% is higher purity than most of our N2 needs, but it's cheaper to supply 99.9995% to everything than to have both low and high purity N2 lines running around the facility. OnSiteGas sales team was great. We did have one issue during install. We used a SS flex hose to supply compressed air to the N2 Gen. This caused the system to "ring" every time it generated N2. I recommend using the really simple rubber hose onsitegas provides to connect from CDA to N2Gen to minimize vibration and resulting noise.

The maintenance is super simple. Just a few compressed air filters on a regular schedule. Approx $500 a year. As long as the N2Gen has compressed air, it pumps out nitrogen.

This was our sales rep. I'm not sure if he's still there.
Michael Montesi
Sales Manager-Commercial Products
On Site Gas Systems, Inc.
35 Budney Rd.
Newington, CT 06111
Phone: 860-667-8888 Ext: 230
http://www.onsitegas.com/

Thank you,
JOE MADUZIA
Senior Research Engineer, Grainger College of Engineering, MechSE, Univ of IL
2239 LuMEB | (P) 217.244.6302 | https://cleanroom.mechse.illinois.edu/