[labnetwork] Oxford Wafer Jam/Break

James Mitchell jtmitch5 at ncsu.edu
Tue Jun 21 15:57:01 EDT 2022

We had a similar issue even at room temperature etching.
You might want to check the bottom bearing. I had to replace ours.

Jim

On Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 3:52 PM Chang, Long <lvchang at central.uh.edu> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> After etching through 380um of Silicon, the loading arm would get jammed
> during unloading, see photo. The problem was fixed by adding a 15min step
> to do nothing step to allow the clamp to cool down before unloading. Now
> the problem is back and the plan is to increase the cool down time until it
> stops jamming. Is there a better way to avoid this problem? Should the PR
> on the wafer edge be removed?
>
> Thanks,
> Long

*Thank you, Jim*

*James Mitchell*
*Specialty Trades Technician*
*Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering*
*North Carolina State University Nanofabrication Facility (NNF)*
*MRC RM243A **Box 7911*
*2410 Campus Shore Dr., Raleigh, NC 27606*
*jtmitch5 at ncsu.edu* <jtmitch5 at ncsu.edu>
*Desk: 919-515-5394*
*Cell: 919-717-7325*