[labnetwork] KLA Tencor D600 profilometer stage cover

Xin (Shane) Guo sguo18 at yorku.ca
Thu May 19 11:05:06 EDT 2022

Hello everyone,

The laser shielding cover of our KLA Tencor D600 profilometer was cracked. Has anyone bought a replacement cover from a 3rd party or made one before? The official replacement is way too expensive for us to afford.

The laser in the profilometer is Class IIIa, 635nm and 5mW, but it doesn’t seem to be easy to find shield plastic plaques for this wavelength. The original cover looks like dark brown colour. Any idea of what material I can choose or which vendor that I can contact?

Thank you!
Shane Guo