[labnetwork] LLZO (lithium lanthanum zirconium oxide) sputtering

Eric Fluckiger eric.fluckiger at utah.edu
Mon Nov 7 19:05:22 EST 2022

All,

We have a user that wants to use our Denton Discovery 18 to sputter a thin
film of LLZO. We are concerned about allowing this material into the
cleanroom and tool for a few different reasons (toxicity,
cross-contamination, reactivity, etc.) but I at least wanted to reach out
to see if anyone has allowed this type of material in their sputter
deposition tools and if there were any significant issues that should make
this type of deposition in a shared piece of equipment and cleanroom a hard
no.

We want to accommodate our users, but we can't risk contaminating the
equipment for every user just to appease one. I would love to hear your
thoughts or experiences with this material. Thanks in advance for any
advice or guidance you can provide.

Eric Fluckiger
Utah Nanofab