[labnetwork] Need for 6"wafer bonding

Hess, Larry A. (GSFC-5530) larry.hess-1 at nasa.gov
Wed Oct 5 13:28:38 EDT 2022

Hi,

NASA has a flight project in need of  6” wafer bonding capability. Our Suss SB-6e Bonder is currently down and the lead time is 6 months for the repair.
We are looking for a (preferably but not absolute) user facility within driving distance of the greater DC area with similar bonding capability.
The bonding material is Cyclotene 3022-35 which is a heat cured polymer and the conditions are 10hrs at 200˚C with 3bar applied pressure. We prefer
the flat top plate arrangement with cut-outs to allow clamping during the process (the flat plate feature is more critical than the cut-outs for clamping).
If you have access to this capability or know of a facility with this capability please contact me. Thanks for your interest!

Larry Hess, PhD
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
Detector Systems Branch, Code 553
B11, R011