[labnetwork] Ti Sputtering with a Lesker Torus MagKeeper without a backing plate

Jason Rohr jarohr at seas.upenn.edu
Tue Aug 15 16:42:11 EDT 2023

Dear Tucson,

Will it sit nicely in the MagKeeper gun without sliding off? As far as I
understand, if the target slides to the side then you'll get a short
between the cathode and anode through the Ti target, resulting in your
plasma extinguishing. If it doesn't slide, then it probably works; however,
I would get a new target for long-term use.

I would be curious about the outcome.

Jason Röhr
UPenn QNF