[labnetwork] Solution for wiping down items going into the cleanroom

Greg Allion grallion at ncsu.edu
Tue Dec 19 09:14:29 EST 2023

We just have users spit shine their stuff now.  Obviously kidding.  We're
back to 10 or 20% IPA as cleanliness is the primary concern now.  We will
continue to double glove and beard covers won't be coming back as an
option, just face masks.  We're also back to sharing PPE at hoods unless a
user requests their own.
Cheers,
Greg

On Mon, Dec 18, 2023 at 3:41 PM Eric Johnston <ericdj at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> At the beginning of the pandemic we switched from a 10% IPA/DI solution to
> 70% for wiping items down that we were bringing into the cleanroom. We're
> thinking of switching back to 10% IPA, but wanted to check what others are
> using and why.
>
> Thanks
>
> Eric
>
> Eric Johnston
> Director, Quattrone Nanofabrication Facility
> Singh Center for Nanotechnology
> University of Pennsylvania
> 3205 Walnut Street, #109A
> ericdj at seas.upenn.edu
> T. 215.573.6695

Greg Allion
NC State University Nanofabrication Facility (NNF)
Process Integration Engineering Manager

Monteith Research Center
2410 Campus Shore Drive rm.243C
Raleigh, NC 27606