[labnetwork] Open position on Rice Nanofabrication Facility (RNF) team

Timothy J Gilheart gilheart at rice.edu
Mon Jan 9 15:52:06 EST 2023

Greetings colleagues,

We have an opening on our team for another research scientist on our nanofab cleanroom team. More job information and application submission link available here:

https://emdz.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/job/1993/?utm_medium=jobshare <https://emdz.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/job/1993/?utm_medium=jobshare>

Details about our facility can be found here:

https://research.rice.edu/sea/rice-nanofabrication-facility <https://research.rice.edu/sea/rice-nanofabrication-facility>

At Rice, the cleanroom is part of the Shared Equipment Authority (SEA), the core labs administrative organization under the Office of Research responsible for most shared core labs (electron microscopy, nanofab cleanroom, NMR, mass spec, material characterization, optical microscopy, synthetic biology, etc) located throughout the university.

In addition to filling out the current cleanroom team, this position is part of the SEA's larger collegial team of scientists that support research efforts from the schools of engineering and natural sciences.  More information about the SEA can be found on our website:

https://sea.rice.edu/ <https://sea.rice.edu/>

Additionally, now that I have taken on new and different responsibilities as director of operations for the entire SEA, I am the hiring manager for this position, so interested candidates are welcome to contact me directly with any questions.

This is a particularly exciting time to be part of the Rice community: with a new president and a number of new VPs (including for Research), we are setting new strategic directions and expect to grow the SEA significantly in the next 5-10 years.

If you know a good candidate, please share this information with them.

Thanks!

—
Tim Gilheart, PhD (he/him)
Director of Operations
Shared Equipment Authority (SEA) | Rice University
https://research.rice.edu/sea/ <https://research.rice.edu/sea/rice-nanofabrication-facility>
Mobile: 832-341-5488 | gilheart at rice.edu
Office: 713-348-3159 | SST 016