[labnetwork] What is the state of the art for polysilicon deposition rates?

Macdonald, Robert (GE Research, US) robert.macdonald at ge.com
Wed Jan 18 09:44:04 EST 2023

Hi all,

What is the current state of the art for polysilicon deposition rates? Our furnace, which I would call classic deposition method, puts down quality films at rates measured in hours per micron.

If you have a tool in your lab which is substantially faster, or know of one, I would be interested.

In particular, I'm wondering if there are processes for putting down say 10um thick polysilicon films in under an hour.

Maybe someone has a tool developed for solar and it is still in use?

We are interested in micromachining applications.

Thanks,

Rob MacDonald
General Electric Research